There is more that is interesting:
- Success does not seem to be gender biased
- Funding is very competitive, more so if one has not landed a grant in the few years before applying
- Amount of time spent on writing grant not apparently correlated with greater funding
- There is a correlation between applying for more grants and getting more funding, though "the causal direction might go either way"
- Many good things don't get funded
None of these results are surprising. But take a look. It's interesting.